Saturday, August 7, 2010

I Would Like Ice Cream, But...

Cocktail Cruise Silhouette
            Last night I was out on a gay cocktail cruise as the sun set over Chicago’s skyline.  I spotted one of the most beautiful boys on the boat.  When he was standing by the rail, the sun’s glow highlighted the curly tufts of his flowing hair; I snapped a photo.
            “Oh, let me get out of the way,” he said.
            “No, no.  You’re part of the picture.  You’ve made the skyline more interesting.”
            I showed him the picture on my phone.
            “Oh, that is a great photo.  Will you send that to me? I want to put that on my Facebook profile.”
            “Sure,” I said.  He gave me his e-mail address.  I sent him a quick message, “Nice photographing you.”
            This morning, there was a message from him, saying thanks for the photo and that he had just uploaded it to Facebook.
            “You are welcome,” I wrote back.  “It was nice to meet you last night.  Would you be interested in going for ice cream any time?”
            A couple of hours later, I had a reply.
            “Hey Tim! It was great to meet you, too. I would love to get ice cream… BUT… I am actually leaving Monday for a week of vacation before I move to Birmingham, Alabama.  So I’m thinking ice cream probably won’t be in the near future, sadly.  Thanks again for the picture and hopefully we will run into each other this weekend during Market Days.”
            My favorite part of this message is that he actually indicates that Birmingham is in Alabama, as if I might be confusing it with Birmingham, England.

2 comments: